I am an optimistic, creative, and curious solution generator known for accomplishing great work through innovative thinking and a sincere focus on relationship building, opportunity identification, business development, and collaboration. I work with organizations of of all sizes, from solo-owned businesses to large corporations.
Superpowers include seeking and seeing the best in others, strategic/creative problem solving, thriving in dynamic work environments, embracing change as a catalyst for positive growth, bridging diverse work styles, and developing and executing inspired marketing plans that yield outstanding results.
Sr. Marketing Consultant // 2012 - Present
- Sr. Project Manager, Microsoft Customer Lifecycle Services, Skype for Business (current)
- Designed and managed process for capturing and publishing customer case studies. Conducted more than a dozen customer interviews, drafted and published final case studies to public Microsoft website property.
- Created process for gathering field sales intelligence and feedback throughout longer term customer engagements (up to 12 months) to drive enhanced processes and improve customer experience.
- Sr. Project and Program Manager, Microsoft Developer & Platform Evangelism, ISV Audience Marketing
- Managed production of bi-monthly Azure Marketplace newsletter, tracked budget and ensured forecast accuracy for U.S. Azure Integrated Software Vendor (ISV) marketing team, project managed on-demand webcast series featuring select Microsoft partners filmed at Microsoft Technology Centers across the U.S.
- Managed execution of the “Azure Jumpstart” offer overseeing distribution of $900k to 105 ISV partners influencing $6.6M in annual revenue. Managed distribution of $8.7M in business investment funds (BIF), ensuring process efficiency, and corporate finance policy compliance.
- Drove Consumer and Commercial ISV marketing line of business app development initiatives for Windows and Windows Phone, collaborating with U.S. field sellers and Microsoft partners to secure scorecard attainment.
- Streamlined operational processes with acute attention to detail to ensure high degree of efficiency and corporate policy compliance.
- Sr. Project Manager / Editorial Manager, Microsoft Small and Midsize Business (SMB) Audience Marketing
- Drove editorial strategy and content development for the Microsoft Business Hub, yielding the longest time spent by page viewers on any Microsoft U.S. customer segment portal.
- Developed broad range of self-service site content which served as a single landing point for SMB customers.
- Procured content, wrote articles, and oversaw editorial process for monthly “Business Insights” newsletter distributed to 225k customers monthly.
- Drove creation of bite-sized “Insider Minute” videos (quick, technical training tips) for the Microsoft Business Hub, ensuring on-message, on-time, and on-budget production.
Microsoft Experience // 2003 - 2012
- Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Microsoft Office Platform Small and Midsize Business (SMB)
- Designed, developed, and executed marketing plan to drive SMB business for Office platform in the U.S. market, ensuring of delivery of $283M revenue component of a $3.4B business.
- Developed solutions-focused marketing collateral and training materials including: solution pitch deck, customer leave-behinds, webcasts, and sales aids.
- Grew perception of Microsoft as trusted advisor in the SMB segment by cultivating strategic partnerships across diverse businesses and community organizations.
- Drove marketing plan execution via key stakeholder teams including to- and through-partner, to-customer, and through-influencer organizations like ASBDC, SCORE, SBA, and local Chambers of Commerce.
- Managed sponsorship and on-site Microsoft Office presence for key national conference events including ASBDC conference, the White House Urban Economic Forum events, and National Small Business Week.
- Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Microsoft Project and Portfolio Management (PPM)
- Proactively designed and delivered an enterprise marketing strategy for $283M software business, delivering effective results through strategic application of $1.1M marketing budget.
- Managed business forecasting and analytics across all segments and pricing levels, delivering on aggressive revenue and license growth targets (FY10) to 99% accuracy of plan.
- Represented PPM at select, key industry events, presenting Microsoft solutions to skilled, certified Project Management Professional (PMP) audiences.
- Product Marketing Manager, Enterprise Partner Group (EPG) Field Community Engagement
- Delivered customized, actionable programs enabling field teams to effectively drive Microsoft business in districts across the U.S.
- Provided bi-directional leadership between 16 EPG District Marketing Managers and subsidiary Product Marketing teams, delivered integrated marketing plans, developed and executed end-to-end off-site planning summits.
- Developed field marketing community through weekly webcasts and calls, updates to community portal, and delivered strategic plan to increase community ownership in relationship to subsidiary marketing.
Additional Experience // 2000 - 2003
- Engagement Manager, PlaceWare Web Conferencing
- Developed and led customer change management activities through customized, consultative managed engagements, driving end-to-end project plan development and technology roll-outs. Clients included Honeywell, American Express, Deloitte, and Merrill Lynch.
- Drove redesign of public training website, collaborating with internal groups and managing vendor relationship, delivering a drastically improved end user experience.
- Senior Event Producer, PlaceWare Web Conferencing
- Managed multiple, concurrent, high-profile, large-scale webcast events for enterprise customers in a new and evolving technology field.
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Sculpture | 1996
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Marketing at Microsoft Executive Training | Various
- International Institute of Learning, Project Management Professional (PMP) Training | 2009
- University of California San Diego, Graphic Design Media Certification | 2013
- Martha Beck Institute, Life Coach Training | 2014